What is Mine Engineering?
Mine Engineers are specifically concerned with the theory, practice and application of engineering in relation to the extraction and processing minerals from the natural environment.
- Mining Engineer
- Geo-technical Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Operations Manager
- Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
What skills do you need to work in Mine Engineering?
- Excellent numerical ability
- Scientific and analytical mind
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Competent user of IT
- Good communication skills
Where do Mine Engineers work?
Mine Engineers are usually employed in the private sector and often work in camps away from major cities and towns.
Typical work activities
- Developing detailed designs for mineral extraction and processing
- Managing construction projects and underground excavations
- Undertaking cost analysis regarding the commercial viability of mines
- Ensuring the health and safety of mines and producing detailed risk assessments
- Working as part of a project team
Find out more
Watch & Listen