HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for one hundred and twenty eight (128) scholarships under the Russian Government Scholarship Scheme for the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
Available fields are:
- 35.03.06 Agro-Engineering (6)
- 31.05.01 General Medicine (15)
- 19.03.01 Biotechnology (6)
- 30.05.02 Medical Biophysics (6)
- 33.05.01 Pharmacy (9)
- 21.05.04 Mining (3)
- 07.03.01 Architecture (8)
- 08.03.01 Construction (Civil Engineering) (10)
- 20.03.02 Environmental Engineering and Water Consumption (3)
- 02.03.03 Software and Administration of Information Systems (5)
- 05.03.04 Hydrometeorology (4)
- 15.03.01 Mechanical Engineering (8)
- 13.03.02 Electrical Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering (10)
- 02.03.01 Mathematics and Computer Sciences (4)
- 14.03.02 Nuclear Physics and Technologies (10)
- 14.03.01 Nuclear Power Engineering and Thermal Physics (10)
- 35.03.04 Agronomy (4)
- 38.03.01 Economics (3)
- 22.03.02 Metallurgy (4)
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2015 and 2016
- Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics and subjects relevant to the intended field of study
- Be of maximum age 24 years by September 2017
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree; and
- Be of maximum age 34 years by September 2017
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
- Expenses to and from the Airport;
- Any shortfall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
This is dependent on the programme to be pursued, however, all programs include one (1) year of Russian language (5 to 7 years for Undergraduates and 2 to 3 years for Masters).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advert, clearly stating the field of study, desired age, and mobile phone number for easy communication
- Curriculum Vitae, Certified Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Transcript/Statement of Results, NRC and colour photo copy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit consent letters from their parents/guardians
- A study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words for undergraduates and 800 words for Masters applicants)
- Employers recommendation letter stating that they would grant leave to take up offers if selected (for Masters)
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations, including the HIV test.
Nominated candidates must note that list-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Loans Board which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
PO. Box 50464
or hand delivered to:
Room 21 (Registry)
Los Angeles Boulevard
Closing date: Friday 24 March, 2017
For any clarification, contact us on telephone: + 260 221 250726, 25076 Lusaka.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from us by 10th April 2017 should consider his/her application unsuccessful.
- Students currently on Government sponsorship at UNZA of CBU should not apply.
- Applicants should apply only in one program of study.
Brian N Makufele
Actign Interim Director – Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION