World University Rankings 2014 – 2015
Which is the world’s #1 university? How many universities based in Africa make the top 400?
Discover the global spread of the world’s top 400 universities. Each year, The Times Higher Education publishes The World University Rankings. They judge world class universities across all of their core missions – teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
Top 5 Universities in the world in 2014/2015
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech) (USA)
- Harvard University (USA)
- University of Oxford (UK)
- Stanford University (USA)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (USA)
Distribution of the World’s Top 400 Universities in 2014/2015
- Europe 178 (45%)
- North America 126 (32%)
- Asia 64 (16%)
- Oceania 25 (6%)
- South America 4 (1%)
- Africa 4 (1%)
Top Universities in Africa in 2014/2015
- University of Cape Town (South Africa) 124
- University of Witwatersand (South Africa) 251 – 275
- Stellenbosch University (South Africa) 276 – 300
- University of Marrakech Cadi Ayyad (Morocco) 301 – 350
What do these results mean for Zambia?
Is a university education important to people in Zambia? Is the lack of a top university stifling economic growth and social development in Zambia? Can you see any improvements in the quality of universities in Zambia?
Study at the World’s best universities for free?
Do you want to study at some of the world’s best universities for free? Find out how at: Top 5 Free Education Providers
If you have an opinion about these results please comment below.
Search for Jobs
To search for the latest jobs in Zambia visit: www.gozambiajobs.com/jobs