Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: IT TECHNICIAN
Reporting: SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Job Purpose: Provide technical assistance to the IT Department at Mabiza Resources Limited.
- Provide first-line technical support to IT End Users at Mabiza Resources Limited.
- Document all IT Helpdesk tickets in the IT Helpdesk Tracker.
- Assist users in the setup, configuration, and rollout of Software.
- Carry out system troubleshooting tasks and ensure that permanent fixes are implemented to avoid future occurrences of the same problem.
- Ensure that systems incidents are resolved quickly to avoid disruptions in business.
- Enforce adherence to IT Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at Mabiza Resources Limited.
- Strengthen existing information systems to enhance efficiency, coordination, and complete integration between various Information Technology Systems at Mabiza Resources Limited.
- Ensure that system amendments are tested before installation and results confirmed by the users of the system.
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
- Ensure that the IT End User hardware and systems are functioning properly.
- Perform the routine maintenance of IT End User equipment.
- Perform the repair of all faulty IT End User equipment and accessories.
- Undertake installations, configuration, and protection of IT End-user systems.
- Ensure that the IT network systems are functioning properly.
- Conduct routine maintenance on the network’s equipment.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or General Certificate of Education.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Professional Certifications: CCNA – CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE.
- At least two years experience in the Information and Communication Technology profession.
- High level of integrity and very good analytical skills
- Desktop computing skills
- Proficient in preparation and integration of new and upgraded technology.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner,
Mabiza Resources Limited,
Or email your application and C.V. to [email protected]
Closing Date: 30th April 2021.