Website Western Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited
Water Utility Company
1.` HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
To manage the human resource and administration functions of Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company and develop and implement effective human resource strategies, policies, procedures and practices which support the achievement of the Company’s business objectives.
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or social sciences. Legal qualification is an added advantage.
- Registered member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
MINIMUM RELEVANT PRE- JOB EXPERIENCE/AGE
- Minimum of eight years (08) years experience in a human and administration at Senior Management Position.
- Should be at least above thirty (30) years of age.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with Senior and Line Managers in developing and implementing value adding human resource strategies, policies, practices and procedures (including recruitment, compensation, disciplinary, grievance and redundancy policies and procedures).
- Provides direction in the development and interpretation of the Company’s conditions of employment and service for all categories of staff as well as the rules and regulations governing the same.
- Co-ordinates all administrative activities related to the company’s communication systems, transport, security and cleaning services and attends to queries from user departments.
- Attends Board Committee, Management, and Tender Committee meetings, and contributes to the formulation of company policy.
- Contributes to the achievement of Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company’s business objectives by planning, and ensuring efficient and effective delivery and evaluation of training and development programmes, and provides advice on training and development aimed at improving the competence of Company staff.
- Implements and monitors a Performance Appraisal System that focuses on increasing the effectiveness of Western Water Supply ans Sanitation Company, by improving, recognizing and rewarding employee performance.
- Promotes a positive industrial relations atmosphere in the Company and deals with the union by communicating and negotiating with them on behalf of Management.
- Ensures that disciplinary cases and grievances are promptly and consistently processed and disposed off to uphold the principles of natural justice and impartiality, agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their performance objectives.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Strong leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic and business planning skills
- Good Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Human resource planning skills
- Good knowledge of Zambian labour laws
Interested candidates must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae certified professional certificates and names of three referees by 21st May 2021 to the following address.
The Managing Director
Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited,
Plot # 6149,
P.O. Box 910445,
Or email to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to while the method and mode of conducting the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates only.