Website Western Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited
Water Utility Company
To plan, coordinate and implement the objectives and procedures of the general accounts operations in order to provide accurate and up to date financial information to management.
- Degree in accounting profession.
- Member of ZICA.
MINIMUM RELEVANT PRE- JOB EXPERIENCE/AGE
- Minimum 3 years in a commercial environment
- Should be at least above thirty (30) years of age.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares daily cash flow statements for management based on daily bank balances
- Prepares consolidated financial performance reports out of the weekly, fortnightly and monthly district reports, for management decision making.
- Prepares statements of expenditure monthly for the information of the Director of Finance.
- Checks and verifies all payments to ensure that they have required accompanying documents and for correctness and approvals before processing payment.
- Ensures preparation of Company payroll and payment of correct salaries on due dates and that statutory (PAYE, NAPSA) and other deductions are effected.
- Ensures timely payments of general and payments to suppliers when funds are available based on the planned sequence.
- Checks that all requisitions for payments are accrued, signed and posted on the Pastel Accounting system before they are paid in order to reflect all the liabilities that are due.
- Verifies accounting data held in Pastel System journals, before it is posted to ledgers
- Supervises, appraises, coaches, trains, disciplines and motivates subordinates in order to achieve unit objectives thereby contribute to achievement of Company objectives and overall WWSC mandate.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Very good knowledge of computers, able to handle accounting packages
- Good supervisory skills.
- Good Planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical Skills
Interested candidates must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae certified professional certificates and names of three referees by 21st May 2021 to the following address.
The Managing Director
Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited,
Plot # 6149,
P.O. Box 910445,
Or email to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to while the method and mode of conducting the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates only.