Website Western Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited
Water Utility Company
Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (WWSC), providing water and sanitation services in Western province and regulated by National Water and Sanitation Council invites suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the following vacant position based at the Corporate Office in Mongu.
QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER
To monitor water quality and carry out microbiological tests on water and sewerage samples in order for the Company to deliver excellent water and sewerage services in compliance to standards set by regulatory bodies such as ZEMA and NWASCO.
Bacherlor of Science laborotary discipline.
MINIMUM RELEVANT PRE- JOB EXPERIENCE/AGE
- Minimum of two years (02) years experience in laboratory work and prefefably from a water Company laboratory.
- Should be at least above twenty six (26) years of age.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares the annual water quality programme and water quality monitoring budget and submits them to management for approval.
- Undertakes quality monitoring through inspection of water treatment plants and sewerage ponds in all operating districts.
- Analyses water and sewage samples collected for physical, chemical and bacteriological parameters and ensures that the correct number of tests are carried out.
- Prepares weekly and monthly water quality reports based on results obtained from the sampling programme and sample analyses.
- Issues weekly bacteriological/laboratory reports to all the districts in order to advise them on findings of the laboratory tests carried out on their samples, and ensures that the quality standard set by WHO and Zambia Bureau of standards are complied with.
- Prepares periodic reports such as the monthly report for the Technical Manager to present at monthly management meetings, quarterly reports for NWASCO and inputs data for the NWASCO Information Systems (NIS).
- Prepares the ZEMA biannual report.
- Works out with supervisor appropriate pollution mitigation measures in the event of incidental pollution outbreaks on raw water sources
- Manages the laboratory and calibrates laboratory equipments to ensure accurate measurements.
- Inspects effluent sites in conjunction with ZEMA for licensing purposes.
- Supervises laboratory staff, trains, coaches and disciplines subordinates to ensure optimum performance and results.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the the Technical Manager from time to time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Strong laboratory skills.
Interested candidates must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae certified professional certificates and names of three referees by 21st May 2021 to the following address.
The Managing Director
Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited,
Plot # 6149,
P.O. Box 910445,
Or email to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to while the method and mode of conducting the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates only.