Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
About the Positions
Request to Hire Ref# RTCZ21- 060
Date advertised: 13/05/2021
Closing date: 18/05/2021
Position: Registered Nurse/Midwife
Contract type: Fixed
Contract duration: Until 31 July 2021
Reporting to: Provincial Technical Officer
Coo Job grade: 10
Contact Person: Vacancy 25
Contact : [email protected]
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma Nursing/Midwifery with 3 year’s work related experience
- ART Management Training, HIV Counselling and ART Adherence
- Experience working in ART management facility and PHC
- Health Care and community-based health programming for HIV
- Health care service delivery background
- Prior experience working in HIV Management/Control
- Knowledge of various ART related Documentation
- Understanding of health facility screening tools, registers, client’s files and other necessary health documents
- Understanding of Lab baselines and investigations
- Strong background in healthcare systems
- HIV Nurse Prescriber Training an added advantage
- Ability to perform Cervical Cancer Screening and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision an added advantage
- Member of General Nursing Council of Zambia
Technical and Behavioural Competences
- Good Communication skills (Verbal/Written)
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills and ability to determine priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Data collection and review skills
Key Performance Areas
- Initiate client’s, Adults and Paediatrics on treatment.
- Screen and Enrol clients on ART treatment and care
- Identify and enrol people on ART
- Ensure retention and adherence to treatment
- Ensure Viral Load suppression/ Viral Load monitoring
- Ensuring mop-up of all HIV clients, index tracing, enforcing PITC, EID, and HTC at every point of entry.
- Screen and Implement test and start
- Initiate treatment to all HIV positive patients in the Pre-ART registers as tracked from way back before Test and Start
- Work hand in hand with health facility staff, community health workers and community leaders
- Perform data quality control
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason. Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.