Website DAI Global LLC
The USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) is a five-year activity that is helping Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The activity is engaging national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation. The activity has the following three objectives:
Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia. The Program seeks to recruit for the following position:
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Location: Kabwe – Central Province
Type: Long Term Technical Assistance
Contract Name: USAID Local Impact Governance Activity
Period of Performance: On/around July 1, 2021 – November 1, 2025
The MEL Officer supports the monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities and data quality assurance at the provincial level under supervision of the MEL Manager with secondary reporting to the Provincial Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the MEL Manager with reviews of the performance management plan (PMP) and performance indicator reference sheets (PIRS) to ensure that the MEL procedures are compliant with USAID reporting requirements;
- Facilitates improvement of processes for capturing lessons learned and best practices;
- Ensures accurate and systematic data collection and analysis of Local Impact indicators;
- Contributes to regular data quality assessments to ensure that data being generated and reported is timely, accurate, reliable and of high integrity;
- Administers surveys to assess the impact of training, Contributes to the development of policies, implementation practices and processes for knowledge management, organizational learning and related activities;
- Maintains the MEL database, attends project events and activities to record attendance and document event/activities, coordinating as necessary with the operations team, to ensure MEL data is properly captured and recorded;
- Provides MEL technical support and training, as needed, to technical staff to improve data collection and reporting processes;
Supports the MEL Manager to deliver progress reports and prepares data analytics for donor-requested and reports;
- Produces activity updates, data summaries and performance reports for USAID reporting deliverables and other reports as requested;
- Proactively contributes to the identification and development of success stories;
- Collect quality data for the Activity, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) for quarterly and annual indicators;
- Maintains electronic records and files of all required backup documentation in the relevant DAI’s system platforms, including any required hard copy files.
- Other duties
- Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required;
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately;
- Travels to project provincial offices as required;
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Place of Performance and Reporting
- Based in a Local Impact provincial office kabwe;
- Reports to the MEL Manager, with secondary reporting to the Provincial Manager for office administration;
- Occasional travel to partner districts in the province.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- A bachelor’s degree in monitoring & evaluation, demography, economics, statistics, analytics, or a related field is required;
- 6+ years of relevant experience MEL, with at least 3 years’ experience on USAID-funded projects;
- Proficiency in database management and data analysis;
- Strong writing abilities and ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries;
- Demonstrated exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally);
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive;
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent procurements;
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image;
- Fluency in English is required.