The CCTV Operator will be responsible for operating the CCTV system as per legislation regarding the use of CCTV and the systems Code of Practice, Operational Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, Council Policies, and any other instructions issued from time to time.
- Managing all surveillance security systems/cameras within the Control Centre in an efficient manner and compliance with the operating procedures, legislation, and best practice
- To maintain a secure system for providing data per the regulations and also to ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times and to report equipment failure to the Chief Security Officer
- Liaising with the security agencies and members of staff to ensure the appropriate use of the CCTV system and to include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules of evidence.
- To use the CCTV equipment proactively and to its optimum level to help enforcement agencies to detect and deter crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Use the CCTV cameras to identify offenders and provide high quality evidence to enable investigations and necessary prosecutions and if required provide written witness statements and attend court if necessary.
- Carry out and log daily equipment checks, and report all faults and failures of CCTV or IT or communication equipment as soon as they occur to the contractors responsible for their maintenance and record all details in the faults log.
- Monitor fire and security alarms and camera-activated alarms and carry out the required action to resolve the issues
- Responsible for the security of the Control Room and its contents, including the security of data and its transfer to authorised departments. Only authorised personnel are permitted access to the Control Room and they must be booked in and out.
- Responsible for keeping the Control Room clean and tidy at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
Diploma/Degree in Security or ICT
Minimum of years 3 years experience in handling Security matters in a multi-site environment.
Previous experience using CCTV equipment and radios.
Proficiency in Microsoft office suits
Surveillance System Knowledge
Attention to Detail
Ability to Multitask
Ability to Work Independently
Good knowledge of electronics and
Good knowledge of computers
Good knowledge and skills of the CCTV operations
Able to work under minimum supervision
The position title CCTV Operator must be indicated in the email as the subject. The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document and should be saved in Microsoft WORD, using the applicants’ names as the document title. Applicants must state their current or previous salary and benefits in the application letter.
Email: [email protected]
Send applications before CB by 24th February 2023
Competitive remuneration will be offered to the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.