Nu Metro Cinema
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
We are looking for a Cinema Projectionist to manage all IT and Electronic engineering devices efficiently. Movie audiences expect to see films presented in a professional manner and it is the projectionist’s job to ensure that they see a first-class presentation every time. Your day-to day duties are to ensure smooth running and that customers have the best movie experience and have basic general maintenance skills.
- Creating a weekly playlist that will automatically run preview, ads /trailers and feature films at the appropriate times throughout the day.
- Work hand in hand with the Manager and Content team for all movie and keys update.
- Replacing new lamps with new ones for the projectors
- Picture and sound engineering for movies in the theatres
- Assist the Cinema Manager with printing of new movie posters and synopsis
- Ensure all synopsis and posters for current upcoming movies are printed.
- Assist customers on the floor with self-service terminal for purchase of cinema amenities and tickets.
- Assist customers with seating plan as per ticket number in the cinema.
- Regularly checks on all cinemas that customers receive best movie experience
- Check regularly that all Air-conditioning are on right temperature
- Dealing with any complaints regarding the poor customer movie experience
- In charge of daily projection checklist and submit to the Cinema Manager.
- Responsible for all cinema maintenance works and report faults to the Cinema Manager.
- Collaborate with the supervisors and ensure all cinemas are cleaned by the Cinema assistants.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong problem-solving skills and pro-active structured approach to resolve all issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain good relationships with customers and fellow employees
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proven organizational skills and business acumen
- Self-confidence and honest
- Ability to endure a deadline driven environment consistently.
- Good time management
EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE:
- Preferably candidates with Diploma in IT & Telecoms, Electronics and Electrical or Sounds Technician qualifications with some experience in film industry.
- Basic knowledge in general maintenance of electronic equipment and office machines.
- A previous job experience will be advantageous
- Willing to work long hours including weekends and Public Holidays
- Knowledge of the movie industry and a passion for film will be beneficial
- Residents in surrounding areas of East Park Mall and Arcades Shopping Centre are highly encouraged.
- Having your own car is an added advantage.