With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Administrative & Logistical Support
- Senior Director of Operations’ (SDO) schedule of daily appointments, meetings and other business events are coordinated well.
- Meetings with SDO direct reports and others organized. Minutes taken and shared with meeting participants. Key action items are managed and tracked.
- Performance review meetings with SDO’s direct reports as well as collecting supporting documentation for the review meetings.
- SDO supported with planning and organizing meetings and retreats with the IPDs and Team SARO (e.g., Home-week, annual spiritual retreat). Follow-up managed and outputs/outcomes reported.
- Office administrative systems (e.g. Filing of documents, records management, communications (e-mail, telephone, and correspondence)
- SDO travel managed (visas, flights, hotel and shuttle bookings etc.).
- Ensure SDO Concur expenses reports are managed in a timely fashion (at least monthly).
- Payments for service providers coordinated with finance and paid in a timely fashion.
- Procurement requisitions, repairs, and settlement for SDO’s office (in coordination with hosting office Support Services) are managed well.
- Leave/vacation requests submitted/approved including preparation of annual leave/vacation plans for all SDO direct reports managed.
Project Management & Reporting
- Process led with Regional Leader and SDO direct reports to collect and analyze accomplishments around the Regional Leader KPI’s objectives on a quarterly basis.
- Process led to engage SARO Functional Leads and Field Office to consolidate information needed for the SAR WVI Quarterly Board Report.
- Support the SDO in ensuring SLT functionality & leadership development, project processes.
- Prepare a yearly calendar of events, consolidate and distribute the schedule of GC & SARO deliverables.
- Support the SDO with budget preparation during the annual planning and budgeting cycle.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the SDO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training, and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to the field of international relations, political science, disaster management, international development humanitarian law, data management/information systems, international/political studies, sociology, population studies, and other related fields.
- Critical thinking and multi-tasking skills essential.
Additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position:
- A minimum of three years working experience in relevant field (report writing, academic research, international non-governmental organizations work, law, risk and data analysis, grant quality and compliance) is preferred. Proven experience working with highly confidential and sensitive information supporting senior or executive management. Maturity to deal with competing priorities, complexities and handle very confidential information professionally Must have experience in working with senior management personnel and in a team-oriented environment. Experience working for more than one line manager will be an advantage.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Academic requirements, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability (including leadership skills) in working collaboratively with other stakeholders, in support of various organizational projects.
- Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Strong ability to work with and relate to diverse personality types, to practice relational and ideological tolerance, and to contribute to a positive organizational culture.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- The position requires ability and willingness to be on call for 30% of the time.
- Travel required: less than 25% internationally.
- Must be based in Zambia.