Website Nathan Associates Inc.
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction.
Nathan is implementing the USAID Zambia Revenue for Growth Project (R4G). R4G supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) in its efforts to improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. R4G engages both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the GRZ.
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ACTIVITY:
R4G is supporting the Ministry of Finance and National Planning (MoFNP) in designing, developing and implementing a document management system (DMS) that will be used by the MoFNP to collect and store tax pronouncements (e.g., tax laws, National Budgets) and other tax documents (e.g., reports prepared by the MoFNP and possibly other GRZ entities). In February 2023 R4G conducted a high-level review to determine the document management needs of the MoFNP and to develop a roadmap for the design and implementation of a DMS.
R4G is seeking a DMS Project Manager to lead the design, development, and implementation of the DMS at the MoFNP. This is a full-time position for an initial 4-month period to commence in March 2023. If needed, the assignment period may be extended. The key tasks to be performed are listed below. This position reports directly to R4G’s Chief of Party. Weekly reports shall be submitted to R4G detailing project progress in a format to be determined by the R4G Chief of Party and the DMS Project Manager.
DMS PROJECT MANAGER KEY TASKS AND DELIVERABLES:
The DMS Project Manager will be responsible for mobilizing resources and managing the process of developing the DMS system and ensuring that it is aligned to the legal framework, as well as providing business and technical guidance to the MoFNP and SMART Zambia. This will involve: conducting a business analysis; participating in end-user workshops; developing detailed requirements while working with the MoFNP and SMART Zambia to determine the implementation details; and supporting the implementation of the DMS system. Post-implementation, the DMS Project Manager will assist in the design of a change management plan, monitor initial usage, and identify and address unforeseen challenges, including issues arising from production usage. All tasks will be conducted in Lusaka unless otherwise directed.
The DMS Project Manager will be responsible for producing the following deliverables:
- Inception Report
- Detailed Project Development Plan/Sprint Plan
- Project Staffing Plan
- System Technical Architecture Document
- Project Acceptance Criteria Document
- Working DMS Prototypes
- DMS Release Candidate
- User Acceptance Test
- Implementation/Change Management Plan
- Training Plan.
These deliverables will be subject to approval by R4G and the MoFNP.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The DMS Project Manager is expected to possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing ICT projects using Agile methodology.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience participating in and/or managing web-based software deployment projects
- Understanding of modern software development concepts, paradigms, and frameworks
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex software projects on time and on budget
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Experience working in a Government environment
- Technical experience as a developer, designer, database administrator, or architect
- Information security
- Experience with large databases and database performance issues and tuning
- Practical experience in CI/CD, Agile/DevOps, and Test Automation
- Affiliation with Information and Communication Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ).
Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, and unedited writing sample by March 8, 2023 to [email protected] Please include “R4G DMS Project Manager” in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.