The Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research (ZIPAR) is the leading think tank in Zambia, with a distinctly international character. The think tank provides an environment for creative thinking and conducting policy analysis and research, promotes dialogue and advocacy and delivers capacity building and training. Overtime, the Institute has grown to become a critical reference in the social and economic policy discourse in Zambia.
To support the Executive Director to effectively engage with stakeholders to promote evidence-based policies in a sustainable manner, ZIPAR seeks a dynamic and experienced person to fill the position of Driver
To ensure the safe movement of passengers and cargo, safeguarding vehicles and ensuring that vehicles are well maintained.
1. Ensure passengers and goods are safely delivered to their destinations.
2. Comply with road speed limits and road signage at all times.
1. Carry out daily engine checks to ensure optimum levels of fuel and lubricants.
2. Regular check of tyre pressures to avoid unnecessary wear of tyres.
3. Ensure vehicles are regularly checked for road worthiness.
4. Keep vehicles clean at all times.
1. Ensure vehicles’ routine and preventive maintenance is done as scheduled to avoid motor vehicle breakdowns by reporting when repairs or service is due.
2. Report any vehicle malfunctioning immediately to ensure that the vehicle is repaired before the malfunction deteriorates.
Administration and Record Keeping
1. Ensure that vehicles have valid licenses for fitness, road tax and insurance at all times.
2. Maintain vehicle log book daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times and submit reports to management.
3. Safely keep fuel receipts to assist with fuel reconciliations.
1. Required Education
a) Essential Qualifications
1. Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
2. Must be a holder of a valid Class C Driving License.
3. Basic knowledge in vehicle mechanics.
b) Preferred Qualifications
Holder of a defense driving certificate.
2. Required Experience
a) Essential Experience
1. At least 5 years’ driving experience.
2. Ability to drive long distances in both paved and gravel roads.
b) Preferred Experience
1. Experience driving dignitaries.
2. Computer literate (minimum of Microsoft Office).
3. Required Knowledge/Technical Skills/Competencies
1. Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude in logistical matters.
2. Punctual and reliable.
3. Team player.
4. Be courteous and calm at all times.
5. Ability to provide off-hours transport support, including weekend pickup and drop-offs as needed.
6. Dresses smartly.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, electronically, with supporting documentation all in a single attachment to [email protected]:
The applications should be clearly marked with job title and applicant’s name as the subject of the email and should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research
P.O. Box 50782
ZIPAR is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 10th March, 2023