This is an exciting internship opportunity that will allow the qualified candidate to expand his/her knowledge of writing for a dynamic regional virtual marketing and communications agency. Supports the coordination of specific marketing and communication activities.
Duties will be tailored to intern’s interest/area of study, but typical duties of the marketing and communications intern include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in writing communications including letters, newsletters, social media, web content, invitations, and reports.
- Research/produce collateral materials as directed.
- Updating media contact lists and databases.
- Research and develop new ideas for Web/social media content.
- Planning and executing assigned aspects of special events.
- Attending client events and assist as requested.
- Assist with execution of plans on behalf of clients.
- Assist with media management, event day logistics, post-event communication/ evaluation, compiling materials and other event-related activities.
- Support with PR and strategic communications planning and implementation including editorial writing.
- Conduct research and identify new areas of business development for future projects both in Zambia and across southern Africa.
The Efficacy Media Marketing & Communications Intern will be expected to possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others or independently
- Initiative to problem solve, if necessary
- Responsibility to complete projects by a pre-determined deadline
- Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately in oral and written language
- Proficient in usage of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software; other software (photo, video, etc.) a plus
- Accurate and detail oriented.
Education and/or Experience: Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing, graphic design or equivalent. Candidates will be enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. A good sense of humor is also appreciated. This is a flexible remote role with flexible operating hours based on projects and workload. The intern will be entitled to a monthly allowance, airtime and data bundles for easy remote working.
Send your detailed CV to [email protected] with subject line- Internship: MarComms – Your Full name on or before Sunday, 26 February 2023 at 17h00 CAT.