Job Title: Intern – Sustainable Development and Community Health Initiatives
Organization: Common Wellbeing
Location: Lusaka (Kabulonga)
Duration: 6 months paid internship (potential for extension and/or full-time job at end of internship)
Common Wellbeing is a Zambia-based NGO focused on improving wellbeing in rural, vulnerable Zambian communities through sustainable development and community health initiatives. We provide grants, implement projects, and share our learnings openly with all. We are seeking an intern who is eager to learn, energetic, and passionate about improving the wellbeing of Zambian communities, to join our growing team.
As an intern at Common Wellbeing, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals in the field of sustainable development and community health. You will assist in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of projects aimed at improving lives in vulnerable communities in Zambia. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new project proposals, research and data analysis, and other tasks as assigned by management.
- Provide support in the development, implementation, and monitoring of sustainable development and community health initiatives.
- Conduct research on relevant topics and produce reports and presentations.
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of workshops, trainings, and community events.
- Support the team in data collection, entry, and analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Travel to rural project sites for up to one week at a time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recent graduate with bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Public Health, Development Studies, Environmental Science, Social Work, or related field (must have graduated within the last 24 months).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. (Google Workspace training provided.)
- Demonstrated interest in sustainable development and community health initiatives in Zambia.
- Volunteer or work experience with an NGO (an added bonus)
- Driving license and experience (an added bonus)
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience in the field of sustainable development and community health, and to make a positive impact on vulnerable communities in Zambia.
- Professional development and learning opportunities.
- Intern salary.
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you want to work at Common Wellbeing to [email protected] with the subject line “Intern – Sustainable Development and Community Health Initiatives”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
*Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered*