Website KidsScape Day Care and Events
All for kids home based care
We are looking for a reliable Childminder to offer quality childcare within a positive and safe environment. You will be responsible to ensure you provide a stimulating environment in which children can play, learn and develop new skills.
This position can be stressful and difficult. A childminder will have to be polite and sensitive towards children while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- To build and maintain positive and professional relationships with parents, toddler groups and other childminders.
- To deliver high level of customer service at all times.
- To plan, provide and take part in play-based activities that stimulate and support children’s intellectual, physical, social, emotional and language development.
- Listening to, encouraging, enabling, stimulating and ensuring the safe keeping of the children.
- Provision of refreshments, encouraging healthy eating and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Ensuring equipment is well maintained, age appropriate and safe to use.
- Ensuring good hygiene standards are met.
- Ensuring risk assessment is carried out around the surrounding, both indoors and outdoors to ensure safety of the children. This should be done in regular intervals.
- Ensuring accidents, emergencies and the administering of medication are dealt with according to policy and first-aid box regularly replenished.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience as a childminder
- Ability to handle responsibility
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Awareness of safety precautions
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education or related course will be preferred