The 5-year USAID Zambia Alternatives to Charcoal (A2C) Activity will reduce charcoal energy consumption by 25% in Lusaka and 25% in Zambia and catalyze a 38% increase in the use of private sector low emissions charcoal alternative technologies and/or fuels to reduce deforestation directly attributable to charcoal production. A2C works to remove the barriers to alternative technology and fuel (ATF) by strengthening an enabling environment for ATF value chains while promoting enforcement of the charcoal regulatory framework and working alongside consumers to shift preferences away from charcoal. The A2C activity is guided by an understanding of local market systems, strong private sector engagement, and a commitment to engaging youth and empowering women.
Working under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party Operations, the Field Administrative Officer will provide administrative, logistical, and human resources support for the A2C Activity, ensuring efficient operations of A2C field office activities in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech policies and practices.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Provide logistical support for all programmatic activities including transport, lodging, venue rentals in close coordination with the DCoP and Administrative Manager and other administrative staff.
- Oversee regional office operations including property management, vehicle(s) maintenance and fueling, security, and payment of utilities as assigned by and in close coordination with the DCoP.
- Responsible for local procurement and ensure that Tetra Tech / USAID procurement procedures are followed.
- Conduct checks on vendor compliance for local procurement (ATV) in line with Tetra Tech/USAID procedures.
- Collect time sheets from Solwezi-based staff and submit to the Lusaka-based HR Specialist on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate and review expense reports for Solwezi-based staff prior to sending them to the Lusaka Office for system data capture.
- Inventory checks for all assets and perform inventory review as guided by Administrative Manager. Ensure that all inventory is tagged and status is updated in requisite log books.
- Support timely upkeep of administrative files as noted in the filing policy to ensure compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech requirements.
- Provide support for the daily management of the A2C office and administration of the petty cash in accordance with Tetra Tech policies and the A2C employee manual.
- Receive visitors arriving at the A2C regional project office and ensure visitors are entered into the logbook.
- Receive and assist in responding to formal correspondence received at the A2C field office in Lusaka, including keeping numbered records and keeping all relevant other staff informed of new correspondence and requests.
- Update the project calendar regularly of planned events, trainings, and travel.
- Responsible for the logistics of planning special events or meetings in support of project goals including support to identification of vendors, organizing invitations, and other tasks as needed.
- Track and monitor fuel consumption for the regional vehicle and submit vehicle log books monthly to the Lusaka office.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
- University degree in a related field (relevant experience may substitute).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position providing administrative support to a USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide logistical and administrative support to donor-funded programs.
- Previous USAID experience strongly preferred.
- Must be highly computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Detail oriented, and well organized
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active and problem solve.
- Able to support positive working relationships and environments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required