Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
To install and maintain heavy mining equipment and machinery components at a manufacturing facility and working closely with a team of assembly technicians to ensure that all equipment is assembled efficiently, safely, and to the highest quality standards.
Reports to: Welding Coordinator
The Welder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Ensure Health and Safety standards, Regulations and Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Analyze all components to be worked on, and ensure task requirements are clearly understood and all risks identified before commencing the job.
- Coordinating with warehouse team to ensure that all the necessary materials are available when needed.
- Ensure Gas is always stocked to carry out the jobs.
- Weld using multiple processes to a high standard.
- Fabrication of structural steel work and pipe work.
- Be able to take actuate measurements and fabricate from them
- Ensure quality of work is inspected before dispatching.
- Ensure tools are available for the team and kept in good condition.
- Be able to use analytical skills to determine type of materials and heat treatment processes.
- Reviewing and interpreting fabrication drawings and specifications to ensure that the work is done to the required standards.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a full Grade 12 certificate.
- Must have a Craft Certificate in Metal Fabrication/Boiler making
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar field (Preferably workshop experience)
- Experience in Arc welding, TIG and MIG welding
- Must be a Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Valid Silicosis certificate
- Knowledge of Safety Standards
- Able to interrupt complex Fabrication drawings
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience with heavy fabrication
- MIG & TIG experience
- Ability to work well under pressure
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st March, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.