Website Family Legacy
Family Legacy Missions Zambia (FLMZ) is a Faith based organization that upholds Christian values and morals in the education of the orphaned and vulnerable children it serves. The organization seeks to recruit suitably qualified, experienced and competent individuals who will demonstrate commitment to FL mission, vision, and values to be based in Lusaka for the following position:
Class Teacher (Primary)
- The overall responsibility of the Class Teacher is to impart knowledge and skills into the learners.
- The implementation of scheduled and unscheduled learning activities in line with the Organization’s policy on education.
- Monitor the conduct and discipline of learners.
- Preside over the social, economic and professional needs of students.
- Guide academy students on expected behavior and hold them accountable for any shortfalls.
- To create an environment which will enable students to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, spiritual and psychological development.
- Promote interests of stakeholders who are the learners and caretakers.
Candidate must be to :
- Get things done and ensure the quality of the program or activity.
- Be proactive and taking personal responsibility for action and demonstrate desire to achieve excellence.
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way.
1. Class Management
- Manage learner’s behavior in class room by applying acceptable classroom control skills.
- Model learners to accept good morals and values through consistent pep talks and leading by example.
- Sensitize learners on benefits of good behavior and negative impact of bad behavior.
- Sensitize learners on the need to care for learning materials and other school properties.
- Participate in enforcing routines and procedures as prescribed to help maintain order in the school.
2. Lesson Delivery
- Write schemes of work based on the recommended curriculum, grade level and school term. Prepare lesson plan based on the scheme of work for each lesson being taught.
- Prepare classroom for learning by putting up wall charts, School learning time table and other classroom schedules.
- Conduct learning activities by utilizing fully the allocated time on the school time table
- Identify struggling learners and devise intervention measures to help them.
3. Records Management
- Maintain a binder for classroom activities and learners records. The binder will contain records for the following data; Marks schedules for continuous assessments and end of term tests, Academic calendar, Class lists, School time table, schemes of work, Curriculum and lesson plans, Record of struggling learners and Interventions being offered and Any other record of interest to the management of learners and classroom property.
- Administer and supervise locally set tests
- Work with school leadership to ensure national examinations are well conducted and all registered candidates participate.
- Provide credible and accurate information on learners as requested by Examination and curriculum specialists.
- Participate in the setting of end of term tests when called upon.
Other skills / Success factors:
- Demonstrate commitment to FL mission, vision, and values.
- Share knowledge and experience.
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning and development and apply newly acquired skills.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and offering points of view.
- Solicits feedback from co-workers about the impact of his/her behavior
- High moral standing and integrity
- Passionate about the welfare of learners
- Demonstrates ability to foster and maintain appropriate and engaging relationships with children.
- Adhere to all deadlines.
- Attend all required training and adhere to all policies and procedures.
The Employee shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by his or her supervisor.
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Minimum Diploma in Primary School Education (Teaching Council Certified)
How to apply:
Follow the link here and complete the application process by sending your CV to [email protected] clearly labelling position applying for in the subject line.
Closing date: 17 hours on Wednesday 1st March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.