Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Sales and Operations Planner in the Supply Chain Department.
The position reports to the Master Planner. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing strategies to effectively manage demand, based on forecasts and supply to maximize revenue and drive best practice standards and behaviours.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Implement and execute defined best practices, minimum standards, policies, processes, tools, technology, and enablers in the relevant Illovo Ways.
- Support Master Planner to benchmark and improve in-Country demand management and supply planning (S&OP) systems, processes, and standards.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to understand demand drivers, manage key demand planning statistics, develop recommendations, and create a consensus demand plan.
- Develop and implement statistical and modelling tools to forecast demand, using statistical input and input from Commercial teams to test and refine domestic and export forecasts.
- Implement defined strategies and processes to ensure demand planning results in minimum loss and optimized revenue, and enables meeting of supply reliability targets.
- Participate in demand and supply reviews and provide effective input to support optimized demand and volume planning and support stock availability.
- Input demand forecast into broader Sales & Operations Planning process and translate them into demand management strategies and plans.
- Develop and maintain master production schedule and collaborate with Manufacturing and Outbound Logistics teams to effectively collate and align the production process.
- Implement supply planning tools to translate demand plans into crush plan, distribution plan and resource plans as inputs into relevant business planning processes.
- Manage key supply planning statistics to provide feedback and recommendations for decision making.
- Develop and implement statistical and modelling tools to optimize supply chain and mitigate constraints
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies, and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/Management, Accountancy or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience preferably in the Manufacturing industry.
- Lean / Six Sigma / Greenbelt qualification is an added advantage.
- A broad understanding of the business and full value chain.
- Ability to analyze impact of market and economic/external factors.
- Ability to review, analyze and document business processes/information.
- Conceptual ability to develop models, standards & tools.
- Ability to work with and interpret metrics.
- Proactive, with a results-focus and ability to respond quickly to challenges
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
Should you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to [email protected] clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 14th March 2023.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.