Cantina Restaurant Group
A Mexican-Inspired Snack Bar
We are looking for a Barista to prepare and serve hot and cold beverages, including various types of coffee and tea.
Barista responsibilities include educating customers on our drinks menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders. To be successful in this role, you should have customer service skills and knowledge of how brewing equipment operates.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure an excellent drinking experience for our guests.
- Greet customers as they enter
- Give customers drink menus and answer their questions regarding ingredients
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Keep the bar area clean
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
Requirements and skills
- Previous work experience as a Barista or Waiter/Waitress
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Basic math skills
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma; relevant training is a plus
Only complete applications with CV and cover letter emailed to [email protected] by Fri 27/10/23 will be considered.