What do Agriculture professionals do?
Agricultural professionals are responsible for the cultivation of land in order to grow crops and rear animals. Development of agriculture in Zambia is seen as a key way of ensuring sustained economic growth in Zambia. A recent OECD publication stressed the importance of the agriculture sector in Zambia.
- Farm manager
- Agricultural consultant
- Veterinary surgeon
- Soil scientist
What skills do you need to work in agriculture?
- Knowledge of farming and farming methods
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Negotiation and selling skills
- Numerical and physical dexterity
- Good problem solving skills
Where do agricultural professionals work?
Agriculture and horticulture professionals will often specialise in one of the following areas:
- Dairy (milk and cheese)
- Grains (wheat, corn, oats etc.)
- Meat (beef, pork, lamb, poultry)
Typical work activities
- Raising animals and tending crops
- Monitoring animal and crop conditions
- Purchasing, maintaining and managing equipment and supplies
- Financial planning and resource allocation
- Managing employees
Find out more
- Zambia National Farmers Union – ZNFU
- Zambia Agricultural Research Institute – ZARI
- Careers in Agriculture
- Careers in Agriculture (video)
To find the latest jobs in agriculture in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.