Are you interested in an Exchange year in OSLO, NORWAY?
The Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC) is a network of Civil Society Organizations registered under the Registrar of Societies Act 119 of the Laws of Zambia on 3rd July 2002 under certificate number ORS/102/35/2581. The organization currently has seventy Member Organizations comprising of Community Based Organizations, Faith Based Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations and Teacher Trade Unions. The Member Organisations work in different parts of the country and in different sub-sectors of education. ZANEC’s mandate is to coordinate civil society advocacy for quality, equitable and inclusive education for all Zambians.
ZANEC’s vision is “A sustainable and inclusive education system that responds to national aspirations and fosters an environment for self-fulfillment”. The mission of the Coalition is to promote quality and inclusive education for all, through influencing of policy, building consensus, holding duty bearers accountable, and strengthening the capacities of stakeholders in the education sector.
Zambia National Education Coalition in collaboration with its Norwegian Partner, the Students and Academics International Assistance Fund, SAIH, are now recruiting two new exchange participants through NOREC youth program. Through this exchange program you will have the opportunity to work as a volunteer in SAIH, as well as various Norwegian activists fighting for human rights and academic freedom of students and academics.
ZANEC is looking for two persons (one male, one female) between the age 20 – 25 with a background from student/youth organising and/or leadership, and keen interest in the field of higher education, student’s rights and academic freedom.
Through this youth exchange you will have the role as a full-time volunteer. You will be based in Oslo (Norway) and work out of SAIH’s office, while also collaborating closely with other organisations and activists in Norway. The exchange will start with a 2-week introduction course in Oslo in August, before the placement in Norway starts. You will stay in Norway for 10 months, and return to Zambia in mid-June 2020. After your return you will be committed to spend 8 weeks carrying out follow-up work with a focus on sharing the experiences and knowledge you have gained with ZANEC and fellow Zambian activists.
- Initiated or completed certified Bachelor’s Degree
- Student organisations, student unions or student parliaments.
- Gender balance, male and female
Location: Oslo (prep and follow-up in Lusaka)
Remuneration: Monthly upkeep allowance, transport (return air ticket to Oslo and local transport while in Norway), accommodation including all utility bills will be covered.
Contract Length: 10 months placement inclusive of preparatory and follow-up work
Key working relationships: You will be working closely with the other FK participants travelling from ZANEC, ZANEC designated staff for feedback and mentorship, and with activists in SAIH. Your supervisor will be the FK coordinator at SAIH.
- Participate in the SAIH local chapters in Oslo as activists
- Contribute to SAIH’s external and internal events and campaigns
- Learn about the work in SAIH, both program and communication work
- Catalogue and organize cases of human rights violations against students
- Create Social Media content for SAIH’s blog, Facebook
- Contribute to the production of alerts, news articles and press releases about academic freedom, human rights violations against students and academics, and equitable higher education etc.
- Contribute to organize and facilitate meetings and workshops
- Work with other volunteer organizations in Norway connected to higher education
- Develop information material on Higher education
- Completed higher education (bachelor degree).
- Experience from a student/youth organization or NGO is an added advantage
- Experience with making presentations and workshops
- Competency in Social Media, FaceBook, Instagram, Blogging
- Good writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (including in English).
- Competent in Office
- Proactive approach to work tasks
- Flexible and open to change
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with people from different cultures and contexts.
- Be able to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to take on challenges and adjust to a new environment of working/living.
- Positive, outgoing and social.
Send Applications with a motivation of not more than two pages typed times roman size 12 font on who you are and how the placement will help contribute to Zambian youth empowerment to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia National Education Coalition,
Baptist Fellowship Building,
Plot 3061/2 Corner Makishi Road and Great East Road,
P.O. Box 30774,
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]
Application deadline: Friday, 5th April, 2019
Interviews: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews
4 thoughts on “Are you interested in an exchange year in Oslo, Norway?”
I am Interested
Am interested and am willing to be a volunteer.
Please follow the instructions provided in the article.
I am interested