CALL FOR ENTRIES
2019 CHAMPIONS OF AGRICULTURE AWARDS
Agriculture employs the rmst people in Zambia and evidence shows that broad-based poverty reducton occurs when there is productivity increase in the highest employer in the economy.
Recognizing individuals and organizations that are doing commendable work in developing the agricultural sector is cardinal in encouraging and inspiring personalities and firms to actualize the dream of making agriculture the heart of the Zambian economy. The Indaba Agricultural Policy Research Institute (IAPRI) and Musika Development Initiatives Zambia Limited (Musika) have started receiving nominations for the “2019 Gamplons of Agriculture Awards”.
To recognize and honor individuals and orgarizations that made an outstanding contribution to agricultural development in Zambia in the year 2019.
The Awards will be divided into two categories the media (the story tellers/ policy influencers) and agriculture practitioners (the subjects of the stories).
Who can enter for the Media Category?
Organizatons or Individuals involved in the following categories:
- Electronic Meda (Radio)
- Electrmic Media (Television)
- Print Media
- New Media (e.g. blogs and other forms of social media)
Who can enter Agricultural Practitioners Category?
- Individuals and firms who are recipients of Musika support i.e. Technical, Financial / Grant Support.
- Individuals and firms involved in poverty-reducing agricultural marketing activiäes in rural areas.
- Individuals and firms involved in poverty-reducing agricultural marketing activities impactirg positively impacting women and youth.
- Individuals and firms involved in poverty-reducing agricultural marketing activities positively impacting the environment and climate change.
How to enter for the awards
Organizations or individuals may submit entries, by filling in the form provided on www.iapri.org.zm on behalf of themselves or others if they can show evidence of having been authorized to enter the awards by the third party involved. Participants may submit and enter for more than one category as advertised.
Entry Requirements and Submission
The entries should cover the period 1st January 2019 to 31st December 2019.
Submit a copy of the article/program from the categories above and describe how this article/program made a difference in Zambia (media awards category only).
Submit a description with as much quantitative information of why the nomination deserves the win (agricultural practitioners only)
All entries must be received on or before Friday, 17th April 2020,by 16:00hrs. Entries received after that date will be considered ineligible.
The Champions of Agriculture Awards will be presented during tie Annual Awards Event to be held on Thursday 30th April 2020.