What is catering & hospitality?
Catering and hospitality professionals are responsible for undertaking jobs related to food, drink and service.
- Catering Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Bar Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Events Co-ordinator
What skills do you need to work in catering and hospitality?
- An interest in food and drink or hospitality
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Financial and numerical awareness
- Ability to work as part of a team
Where do catering managers professionals work?
Catering and hospitality professionals work in all sectors. Employers can include: hotels, restaurants, hospitals, educational institutions as well as specialist event organising companies.
Typical work activities
- Preparation of food and beverages
- Planning and creating menus
- Responsibility for health and safety policy
- Managing suppliers and stock levels
- Organizing shift patterns and rotas
- Setting budgets and managing finances
Find out more
Watch & Listen
To find the latest jobs in catering and hospitality in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.