Chikowa Youth Development Centre is a Catholic technical institute which belongs to the Chipata Diocese and is run by the Comboni Missionaries. It is a unique place for quality technical training and human formation of the youth.
- To equip the youth with technical and entrepreneurial skills.
- To provide spiritual and human formation by means of building human and Christian values.
- To promote self-reliance, job creation and micro enterprises that will enable the youth to achieve a better future.
- Promotion of community leaders.
- General Agriculture (6 months, 1 year, 2 years)
- Bricklaying and plastering (6 months, 1 year, 2 years)
- Automotive mechanics (1 year, 2 years)
- Carpentry and joinery (6 months, 1 year)
- Catering (2 years)
The school fees for full-borders are K1500 per term, all included.
CYDC is an institution registered under TEVETA: all students sit for a governmental certificate at the end of their training.
The success rate is 97%.
In addition to technical skills, students attend classes in: Human formation, to help them in their personal growth and leadership skills development and in Computer Skills, to improve their computer literacy in our increasingly technological world.
Many extra-curricular activities are proposed: Choir, Red Cross club, Press, Maths club, French club, Bible sharing, Leadership club, and Sports (football, netball, volleyball).
The centre has all the required training facilities and a very conducive environment for studies:
- 4 spacious classrooms
- Well equipped Carpentry, Bricklaying & Mechanics workshops
- School library
- Computer laboratory with 24 workstations
- Multipurpose hall & Summer hut
- 3 fully equipped hostels for gents and ladies
- Agriculture facilities and implements: laboratory, farm animal enclosures, fields, gardens, fishpond, tractors…
- Open to all youths aged 16 to 28 years without distinction of race, religion or sex.
- Collect an application form (K30) at Chizongwe Comboni House, from any parish priest of the Chipata Diocese or from the CYDC. Selection is based on aptitude test and interview.
- Return the form before the 31st October 2019. Interviews for recruitment (written and oral tests) at 8:00:
Chipata: 15/11/19 – Chizongwe Comboni House
Lundazi: 19/11/19–Lundazi Parish
Masumba: 18/11/19– St. Paul Outstation
Chadiza:20/11/19 – Chadiza parish