HELSB – Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
CHINA – AFRICA FRIENDSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for scholarships under the China-Africa Friendship Scholarship Scheme for the 2021/2022 Academic Year. Available are: Fifteen (15) Masters and PhD in the following fields of study: Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Education, Chinese Study and Journalism.
- Be Zambian citizens with Green Natioral Registration Cards (NRC)
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree; and
- Be of maximum age 34 years by September 2021
- Hold a relevant Vaster’s degree; and
- Be of maximum age 39 years by September 2021
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
i) Expenses to and from the Airport;
ii) Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
DURATION OF STUDY
This is dependent on the programme to be pursued (2 to 4 years). Some may, however, include 1 year of Chinese language.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advertisement, clearly stating the field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Certified Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Results Transcripts, NRC, eight (8) colour passport size photos and colour photo copy of pages and 3 of the passport;
- Two letters of recommendation from Professors or Associate Professors;
- A study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance ones contribution to Zambia’s development (400 words);
- Employers’ Recommendation letters stating that they would be granted leave to take up offers if selected for those in formal employment.
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV and Hepatitis B tests.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from HELSB which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464,
Hand delivered to:
2nd Floor United Church House, No. 8 Mosi-oa-lunya Road, Woodlands, LUSAKA
The Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board at C4 Copperbelt University Riverside Campus, Kitwe.
Closing date: Friday 15th January, 2021
For any clarification, contact us on telephone: +260 – 211-250726,
i. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Friday 26th February, 2021 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful;
ii. Applicants should apply in only one field of study.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs)
Chief Executive Officer
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
it is possible,