HELSB – Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for Thirty One (31) scholarships under the Chinese Government Scholarship Scheme for the 2020/2021 Academic Year. Available are: One (01) PhD, Three (03) Masters in any relevant field and Twenty Seven (27) undergraduates in the following fields of study: Medicine, Agriculture, Nuclear Physics and Technology, Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Pharmacy and Economics.
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2017 and 2018
- Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics and subjects relevant to the intended field of study
- Have Grades 12 in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology if applying for Medicine, Engineering and Nuclear Physics
- Be of maximum age 24 years by September 2020
- Hold a relevant Bachelors degree; and
- Be of maximum age 34 years by September 2020
- Hold a relevant Master’s degree; and
- Be of maximum age 39 years by September 2020
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
(i) Expenses to and from the Airport;
(ii) Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
This is dependent, on the programme to be pursued, however, some include 1 year of Chinese language (5- 7 years for Undergraduates; 2 to 3 years for Masters and PhD)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advert, clearly stating the field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Certified Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Transcri pt/Statement of resuIts, NRC, eight (8) colour passport size photos and colour photo copy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- Applicants undel the age or 18 should subrnil ellers lheir parents/guardians;
- One Letter of Recolnmendation from former secondary school (undergraduate)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from Professors or Associate P-afessors (Mastels and PhD)
- A study plan or synopsis of summaized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words for undergraduates and 400 words for Masters and PhD applicants)
- Employers’ Recommerdation letters stating that they would be granted leave to take up offers if selected for those in formal employment (for Masters and PhD).
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV and Hepatitis B tests.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Loans Board which may include being blacklisted,
Applications should be addressed and sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
or Hand delivered to:
Room 23 (Registry)
Maxuvell House, Annex Building
Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres
or the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board offices situated at The Copperbelt University, Riverside Campus, Kitwe.
Closing date: Friday 6th December 2019
For any clarification, contact us on telephone: +260 – 211-250726
- Watsaapp +260968058811
- Website: www.helsb.gov.zm
- Facebook: Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board Zambia
- Instagram: helsb_zambia
- LinkedIn: Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
- Twitter: HELSB-Zambia
i. Only short listed candidates will be contacted tor interviews. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered. Any applicant w -10 would not hear from us by Friday 31st January, 2020 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful;
ii. Students currently on HFI SR sponsorship at- any local university or abroad are not eligible and, therefore, should not apply;
iii. Applicants should apply in only one field of study.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs)
Chief Executive Officer
HIGHER EDUCATICN LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
it is possible.