Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for Twenty Nine (29) scholarships under the Chinese Govermnent Scholarship Scheme for the 2019/2020 Academic Year.
Available are: Two (02) PhD, Four (04) Masters and Twenty-Three (23) Undergraduate in the following fields of study: Agriculture, Nuclear Physics, Software Engineering, Cyberspace Security, Architecture, Engineering, Pharmacy and Economics. Also available are Five (05) PhD Full Scholarships in Economics, Science and Engineering and Three (03) Masters Partial Scholarships in Education, Literature, Science, Engineering and Art from Beijing University of Technology.
Applicants should: Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC) Undergraduate Applicants:
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics and subjects relevant to the intended field of study
- Be of maximum age 24 years by September 2019
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree; and
- Be of maximum age 34 years by September 2019 PhD Applicants
- Hold a relevant Master’s degree; and
- Be of maximum age 39 years by September 2019
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
(i) Expenses to and from the Airport;
(ii) Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
This is dependent on the programme to be pursued, however, all include 1 year of Chinese language (5 to 7 years for Undergraduates; 2 to 4 years for Masters and PhD)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit: A typed application letter respondingto the advert, clearly stating the field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Certified Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Transcript/Statement of results, NRC, eight (8) colour passport size photos and colour photc copy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit consent letters from their parents/guardians;
- One Letter of Recommendation from former secondary school (undergraduate)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from Professors or Associate Professors (Masters and PhD)
- A study plan or synopsis of summarized details cf the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words for undergraduates and 400 words for Masters and PhD applicants)
- Employers Recommendation letters stating that they would be granted leave to take up Offers if selected (for Masters and PhD).
- It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV and Hepatitis B test.
- Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Loans Board which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to or Hand delivered to: :
The Director Room 23 (Registry) Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board Maxwell House, Annex Building P.O. Box 50464 Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres LUSAKA
Closing date: Friday 8th February 2019
For any clarification, contact us on telephone: +260 – 211-250726,
WhatsApp +260968058811, Lusaka.
i. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Tuesday 30th April 2019 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful;
ii. Students currently on Government sponsorship at UNZA, CBU or abroad are not eligible and, therefore, should not apply; and
iii. Applicants should apply in only one field of study.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs) Acting Director
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
it is possible.