Our Leading Monitoring & Evaluation Consultants will be at it yet again, delivering the Fourth consecutive top-notch PMEAL Training through 10 guided 2- hour Zoom Sessions from 6th -17th July 2020. What is distinct about this training is that it is aligned with professional monitoring and evaluation standards and practices, to give participants the skills they can immediately apply to their work contexts.
- 10 guided 2-hour sessions with the course facilitator (starting @ &7PM).
- Certificates to be issued and delivered upon successful completion of the training
- Training will be highly guided by your own needs and expectations
- Rare opportunity to learn from a Senior MEAL Director/Consultant with more than 24 years of continuousexperience working in developing countries.
- Position yourself for the next big step in your career
- Make-up sessions will be arranged for participants will have other tight engagements
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) concepts and fits them within the logical framework used to track progress, make adjustments, discover unplanned effects of programmes, or judge the impact that we have made on the lives of those with whom we are working. Participants will also familiarize with the concept of learning and how to capture and capitalize lessons learnt and good practices from different interventions.
- Planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning fundamentals
- Monitoring & Evaluation plans; Defining indicators
- Developing Logic Frameworks/Presentation
- Data Collection, Making Data Usable, Data for decision Making
- Data Quality, Data Systems Assessment, Data Quality Assurance
- Quantitative Data Analysis/Qualitative Data Analysis/ Mixed Methods
- Program Evaluation Standards/Principles of Program Evaluation
- Adapting monitoring and evaluation to different sectors of intervention
- Evaluation Reports: communicating findings/conclusion and recommendations
- Third Party Monitoring and Evaluation/Team Management
- Performance Monitoring/Program Evaluation
Participants: This training is suitable for professionals working in the public sector, non-government agencies, business, education, welfare or health. Whether you are already in an M&E -related role or seeking a career change, this multidisciplinary program will help open doors globally.
What our participants say!
“One thing for sure is that you have a resource and experienced man in Dr. Carlos. I marvel when he is lecturing. Congratulations for the great pick! We have learnt a lot” Lameck Francis – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Another wonderful, insightful, inspirational, and satisfactory session with our facilitator, Carlos. Thanks, fellow classmates for your participation. George Arudo -Head of Programs & Director of Operations- International Leadership Foundation
Post -Training Feedback from the Just ended Online PMEAL Training (1st -14th June -2020)
Question: If you liked or if you did not like the trainer, could you please explain why.
- He is a very practical trainer and knows how to break the topics to the smallest details
- Well knowledgeable and explains complex things easily
- He was practical and engaging
- His delivery of the material and friendly Interaction with trainees
- Very knowledgeable, skilled, friendly, and easy to interact with
- The trainer has the content at his fingertips and study materials were easy to understand.
- The trainer was very good, qualified, and patient with the learners
- He is willing to go an extra mile for every participant. He is a great teacher
- I liked the trainer because his lectures were very informative
- He is very friendly and elaborative in his explanations
- He has vast knowledge and he knows how to create time for each student
- I like the trainer because he explains concepts in simpler terms with plenty examples for understanding.
Question: If the training was well managed or was not, could you please tell us why?
- They made sure all necessary information and learning materials are available.
- Sessions and WhatsApp group support were well executed and timely
- It was well managed as the topics that were to be covered were strictly followed and covered. Those that had challenges with certain content were given time to be assisted during weekends.
- It was well managed because it was properly coordinated. Perfect timing, daily updates etc. It was just perfect
- Jeremiah was great in terms of communication. Kudos to him
- The trainings were always on time.
- With the current situation of the COVID 19 pandemic, I feel Keno did their best to manage the training
- It was well managed, timely and well organized.
- I had internet connectivity challenges
FACILITATOR; CARLOS TORRES- PhD
Prof. Carlos Torres is a Senior ME&L Expert with more than 24 years of continuous experience working in developing countries. He has extensive experience providing vision and overall leadership to USAID ME&L Activities, plus experience in contract management, capacity development, and overall support in addition to overseeing evaluations and assessment reports and services delivered to missions. Dr. Torres has been Chief of Party (COP) of MEL platforms in Nigeria and Tanzania, plus Acting COP experience in Iraq. He has also been the Senior M&E Adviser to USAID/South Sudan, USAID/Iraq and USAID/Kenya through the M&E PERFORM and SUPPORT platforms.
Dr. Torres has led M&E projects with budgets ranging from $11-34 million and managed programs teams ranging from 14 to 25 core staff plus numerous STTAs and local support firms contracted to support M&E activities such as large-scale surveys and special research studies. He is experienced in starting project operations from the ground up and simultaneously delivering services and products to Missions. Dr. Torres has been a USG Federal Government civil servant in the capacity of Senior Performance and Management Auditor for DoD/army and Peace Corps offices of Inspector General. USG DoD Top Security Clearance – Active. Fluent in English and Spanish and basic Portuguese.
A Note from the facilitator!
A strong current emphasis in the field of evaluation is on evidence. Good, robust evidence. Unquestionable facts/findings. Strengths of evidence. As you may know, or at least in USA, “truth” has become a relative term. Everyone questions everything and there is a natural tendency not to believe any statement, any “finding.” So providing strong, unquestionable evidence to findings in evaluation is crucial. Evidence starts with strong, good quality data – the foundation of all in our profession.
All payments should be made using the link below:
If you are unable to pay using the online methods listed above, please contact Keno Institute for alternative methods of payment.
The Keno Institute of Training & Research specializes in practical training and research/M&E with an aim to produce real life usable knowledge and solutions.