HELSB – Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
EGYPTIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for Eleven (11) scholarships under the Egyptian Government Scholarship Scheme for the 2020/2021 Academic Year. Available are undergraduate scholarships in the following fields of study: Medicine, Pharmacy, Commerce, Agriculture and Engineering.
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC);
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2019;
- Have Grades I -3 in English, Mathematics and subjects relevant to intended field of study.
- Have Grades 1-2 in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology if applying for Medicine and Engineering programmes;
- Be of maximum age 24 years by September 2020.
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
(i) Expenses to and from the Airport;
(ii) Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship
This is dependent on the programme to be pursued, however, all programmes include one (1) year of language.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advert, clearly stating then field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae. Certified Photocopies of Educational Certificates. Transcript / Statement of Results (certified by ECL), NRC, applicant’s birth certificate, two (2) colour passport size photos and colour photocopy of pages 2 and 3 of applicant’s passport;
- A typed study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words).
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo medical comprehensive examinations including the HIV, Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis tests.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from HELSB which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Baard
PO. Box 50464,
Hand delivered to:
IJnited Church Hause, 2nd Floor
8 Mosi-oa-Tunya Road
Closing date: Thursday 27th August, 2020
For any clarification, contact us on telephone: +260 – 211-250726
i. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Friday 25th September 2020 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful;
ii. Applicants should apply only in one program of study.
Maureen N. Chirwa (Mrs)
Chief Executive Officer
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
it is possible.