KENO INSTITUTE OF TRAINING & RESEARCH LTD
Qualitative Research Methods – 3rd to 7th October 2016, Mika Hotel, Lusaka – Zambia
Participants in this course will be conversant with qualitative research perspectives and methods, skilled in the techniques of qualitative research design and data collection, and will be competent in both manual and computer-aided qualitative data analysis. They will also be able to demonstrate their newly acquired competencies in a mini qualitative research project.
This one week course is aimed at building qualitative research method experts. The course also provides useful introduction/refresher for researchers, academics, or managers who are supervising students or staff doing qualitative research projects.
Module 1: Understanding qualitative research methods
Module 2: Qualitative interviewing – theory and practice
Module 3: Focus groups in qualitative research – theory and practice
Module 4: Qualitative data analysis
Module 5: Designing a qualitative study
Module 6: Writing qualitative research report
By the end of the course students will:
- understand the principles of qualitative research
- gain practical experience in coding, categorizing and conceptualizing qualitative interview data
- describe and distinguish between structured, semi-structured and ‘in-depth’ interviewing
- explain when and how to use focus groups
- write clear qualitative research question/s
- distinguish between different types of qualitative data analysis
- understand debates and dilemmas in how to describe qualitative research for an academic audience
DURATION: 5 Days
VENUE: Lusaka : Zambia
WHEN? October , 3rd – 7th , 2016
COST: The course fee is $390 per person.
ADDRESS: 6 Ghandi Road, Woodlands, Lusaka.
TEL: 097-7848059, 0979905556;
Bank Details: First National Bank
Account Name: Keno Institute of Training and Research
Account Number: 62635886221
Swift code: FIRNZMLX