A well-written, dynamic CV can significantly improve your chances of obtaining an interview. In the latest article from Go Zambia Jobs, we explore what is meant by the term “Dynamic CV” and explore how you can create one. We also provide a list of over 50 dynamic words that you can use in your CV or application.
What is a dynamic CV?
A dynamic CV is a CV that is written to create energy and enthusiasm in the reader. A passive CV is the opposite of a dynamic CV. A passive CV lacks interest and influence.
As an example, consider the following two sentences:-
- “I hope that you will consider this application carefully. I feel that the information outlined is comprehensive and fully demonstrates my suitability for the role.”
- “I hope the you will consider this application carefully. The information fully outlines my suitability for this role.”
Are you able to spot the differences between the two sentences? Which one do you think is dynamic and why? Find the answer in the following sections.
Why write a dynamic CV?
Passive CV’s lead to passive readers. A dynamic CV is far more likely to:
- Entice the recruiter to read your CV
- Help the recruiter to understand and remember the key points in your CV
- Persuade the recruiter to respond to your CV by offering you an interview
How to write a dynamic CV?
There are several things that you can do to create a dynamic CV:
- Write in short, sharp sentences that speeds up reading, increases energy and adds persuasion. Do this by keeping your sentences under 20 words long. If your sentences are more than 20 words try shortening or splitting in two.
- Improve the visual impact of your CV. This can be achieved by improving the balance between text and white space, shortening paragraphs, adding headings and using bullet points.
- Change passive words to action words. Action words are words that give your CV more enthusiasm and energy. Examples of action words can be found in our list of action words.
We hope this information has been of assistance and wish you every success with your CV. If you have any comments about this article you can do so below.
To find more careers articles visit: Careers Advice
Search for Jobs
To search for the latest jobs in Zambia visit: www.gozambiajobs.com/jobs