HELSB – Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
INDIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals who meet the minimum requirements outlined below to contest for Sixteen (16) Undergraduate Scholarships under the Africa Scholarship Scheme tenable in India for the 2020/2021 academic year. Available are scholarships in the following fields of study: Humanities, Science, Commerce, Management, Engineering and Agriculture.
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Be 18 years old or older by 31st January 2020
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2017 and 2018
- Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics and subjects relevant to the intended course of study.
Those applying for Engineeing courses must have taken Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry each as separate subjects in their Grade 12 examinations.
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
- Expenses to and from the Airport;
- Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typewritten application letter responding to the advertisement, clearly stating the field of study desired, age, and phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Photocopies of Grade 12 Certificates or Statement of Results, Photocopies of NRC, One (1) recent colour passportsize photo with the names written at the back for the purpose of identification and colour photo copy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- A signed study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words);
- A recommendation letter from your former School, stating character of applicant;
Please note that scholarships are only provided for courses in central or state government universities as listed by the University Grants Commission (UCC), The final decision on award of scholarships to candidates is made by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in consultation with the concerned institutes/universities.
Applicants should exercise due diligence and research in a dedicated manner on the specific admission criteria laid by various Universities for each course and ensure they submit all the relevant documentation as required by the Universities in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form which will be availed after the interviews. This information may be found on the Universities Grant Commission website: www.ugc.ac.in and the concerned institute’s website for eligibility criteria.
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV and Hepatitis B tests.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Board which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
20, Box 50464
Hand delivered to:
Room 23 (Registry)
Maxwell House, Annex Building
Los Angeles Bouleva rd, Longacres
Closing date: Friday 13th December 2019
For any clarification, contact us on: +260 – 211-250726,
(i) Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Friday, 31st January 2020 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful.
(ii) Students currently on HELSB sponsorship should not apply.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs)
Chief Executive Officer
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
it is possible,