Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
INDIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals who meet the minimum requirements outlined below to contest for Sixteen (16) scholarships under the Africa Scholarship Scheme tenable in India for the 2019/2020 academic year. Available are Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies in Humanities, Science, Commerce, Management, Engineering and Agriculture.
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Be 18 years old or older at the time of application (Undergraduate)
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2016 and 2017 (Undergraduate)
- Have Grades 1-3 in Mathematics, English and subjects relevant to the intended course of study. Those applying for Engineering courses must have taken Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry each as separate subjects in their Grade 12 examinations (Undergraduate)
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree (Postgraduate)
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
(i) Expenses to and from the Airport;
(ii) Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typewritten application letter responding to the advert, clearly stating the field of study desired, age, and phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Transcripts/Statement of Results, Photocopies of NRC, One (1) recent colour passport size photo with the names written at the back for the purpose of identification and colour photo copy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- A signed study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words for Undergraduates and 400 words for Postgraduates;
- A recommendation letter from former School, stating character of applicant (Undergraduate);
- A recommendation letter from their employer stating that they would be granted leave to take up the offer if selected (Postgraduate studies).
Please note that:-
- Scholarships are only provided for courses in central or state government universities as listed by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The final decision on award of scholarships to candidates is made by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in consultation with the concerned institutes/universities. Details of the ‘Africa Scholarship Scheme’ are available at the website 220.127.116.11/iccr
- ICCR does not offer scholarships for admission in Medical(MBBS/MD/MS/BDS, etc.)/Paramedical (Nursing/Physiotherapy/Anesthesia, etc.)/Fashion courses.
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV test.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Committee which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
Higher Education Loans & Scholarships Board
Ministry of Higher Education
P.O. Box 50464
Hand delivered to:
Room 23 (Registry)
Maxwell House, Annex Building
Los Angeles Boulevard,
Closing date: Friday 18th January 2019
For any clarification, contact us on telephone:
+260 – 211-250726, Lusaka.
(i) Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from us by 15th February, 2019 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful.
(ii) Students currently on Government sponsorship at UNZA or CBU should not apply.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs)
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
it is possible.