Prisoners’ Future Foundation (PFF)
Prisoners’ Future Foundation (PFF) is a local non-governmental organization duly registered in the Republic of Zambia under the NGO Act of 2009. The organization was formed to look into the welfare of serving and former inmates, including citizens who, though un-convicted, have come in contact with the criminal justice system.
PFF is implementing change projects on the Copperbelt Province of Zambia to Improve access to justice through continued operation of paralegal desks at Kamfinsa, Ndola and Kansenshi, and Chingola Correctional Facilities, a Legal Services Unit at Chingola Subordinate Court, and a paralegal desk at Wusakile Police Station. The overall objective of the projects is to contribute to Increased access to justice for remandees and inmates at Kamfinsa Male and Female Correctional Facility, at Ndola Remand and inmates at Kansenshi Male and Female Correctional Facility, and at Chingola Facility, improved access to justice for vulnerable and indigent litigants in criminal and civil justice at Chingola Subordinate ourt, and increased access to justice for suspects and community members at Wusakile Police Station. These projects are being implemented under the Programme for Legal Empowerment and Enhanced Justice Delivery (PLEED) supported by the European Union and the Federal Government of the Republic of German.
PFF has embarked on the programme to grow its financial resources for the purposes of sustaining its change projects in the mentioned sites after the close of PLEED. To this end, PFF is looking for qualified candidates to filing in the following position for a period of three (03) months.
Proposal Development and Resource Mobilisation Consultant
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
PFF will engage an experienced consultant to offer expert advice on proposal writing and resource mobilisation, and build capacity of PFF (management staff and the visibility and resource mobilisation officer) in mobilising resources.
In particular, the consultant will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to PFF management in drafting project proposals, with the target to successfully develop and submit 6 high quality grant funding proposals (2 project proposals/month) covering a two-year period to promising funders. The grant funding proposals will be selected by PFF Executive Director in consultation with the Consultancy who will update in regular intervals the GIZ advisor;
- The development of PFF’s resource mobilisation strategy for the period 2020- 2021;
- Building the capacity of PFF (management staff and the visibility and resource mobilisation officer) in proposal writing and resource mobilisation – including through 3 monthly virtual and regular engagement sessions/workshops with PFF (management staff and the visibility and resource mobilisation officer).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Preferably an advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in Project Management, or a related field;
- A proven track record of success (3-5 years) leading the design, execution, or management programmes related to prison work especially in the area of human rights, Access to justice, empowerment, rehabilitation and reintegration of inmates and environment among others;
- Strong programme design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent, and consistent technical documents including log frames and budgets.
- Extensive knowledge of, and connections in, the Zambian philanthropic community;
- Excellent English speaking/writing skills required; Highly-motivated, confident communicator with the ability to manage relationships;
- Experience working with international NGOs is advantageous;
- Willingness and ability to travel to the field to hold engagement meetings with PFF through 3 monthly virtual and regular engagement sessions/workshops.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications to the Executive Director on the address above or email to [email protected] Your application should include the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of Academic, Professional Qualifications and National Registration Card
Closing date: 12th October, 2020