Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
About the Positions
Date advertised: 16th October 2020
Closing date: 22nd October 2020
Position: Individual Consultant – Prefabricated Structures Project Engineer
Contact Person: Vacancy24
Contact email: [email protected]
Contract type: Consultant
Contract duration: 4 – 5 weeks (Until end of November 2020)
Reporting to: Senior Operations Manager
Job grade: TBA
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Master’s degree in related field is desirable
- Project management experience is required, and certification will be an added advantage.
- Licensed civil engineer
- Should be a registered member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Desirable qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience related to the project requirements in construction projects is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and sectoral expertise is relevant.
- Experience from similar assignments (as supervising engineer or consultant)
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Conversant with USG requirements for construction projects
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with clients, donors and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of national regulations regarding management of prefabricated structure projects is required.
- Communication skills in a complex multi-stakeholder environment in construction projects.
- Ability to work under time pressures and considerable work-load.
- Ability to successfully perform site supervision duties and desk reviews and analyses.
- Strong Report writing abilities and attention to detail.
Key Performance Areas
- Develop a detailed technical scope of work for the prefabricated structure project to be submitted to USAID local mission.
- Conduct the technical assessment of the selected/identified DSD Facilities additional space requirements i.e. specifications. This will require site visits.
- Prepare and provide technical input in the preparation of concept note for the prefabricated structure project for USAID review and consent.
- Prepare a technical report that will guide the procurement requirements for the prefabricated project
- Take timely action to prevent potential delays and/or cost overruns that can be avoided
- Provide on-demand support on any relevant issues related to the proposed prefabricated structure project.
- Generate the project plan, work schedule for the local architecture and engineering firm that will undertake the construction of prefabricated structures.
- Prepare and update a high-level timeline showing when each phase of the project must be completed to meet the final deadline, showing a critical path bringing to the delivery of the project and ensure close monitoring of the progress of the project.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.