Website AB Bank
For you, With you
AB Bank Zambia Limited is currently recruiting for the position of Client Advisor. Reporting to the Branch Manager and Head of Banking Services, your main duties will include:
- Fulfilling front office functions in Account Services; Personal and corporate account opening, handling payment orders and providing excellent customer service under the supervision of the Senior Client Advisor. Informing clients about account opening documentation, procedures and tariffs; gathering and filing this documentation; opening clients’ accounts in the LFS Micro Bank Software (MBS).
- Providing account maintenance services: On client request, print statements, change client data in the Bank files and in the LFS Micro Bank Software, sale of cheque books, and deal with other day-to-day client requests for information.
- Closing accounts; based on client or management request, closing accounts in the LFS Micro Bank Software and ensuring that there is proper documentation in the client files.
- Disbursement of approved Micro loans, ensuring that the client signs on all forms and contracts of the loan file, opening the loan account and current account for the loan client in the LFS MBS.
- Opening of mobile payment e-money accounts on client’s request.
- Handling payment orders by assisting clients in completing local currency (LCY) and foreign currency (FCY) payment orders; cross-checking these payment orders and applying signature and stamp to confirm correctness and by ensuring all payment orders and supporting documentation are properly reviewed and filed.
- Providing excellent customer service by ensuring that all clients and applicants are provided with accurate and timely information regarding their interaction with the Bank.
- Responsible for implementation of Know-Your-Client and Anti Money Laundering Procedures by identify money laundering risks and suspicious account opening applications and reporting them to superiors on any suspicions arisen in respect of customer transactions.
- Being alert to customer activity and needs, and when conflicting with internal bank processes, the customer needs must first be met.
- Creating and keeping high efficiency and attitude towards the job demonstrating punctuality and proper time management.
- Creating and keeping excellent working atmosphere and team spirit within the department and establishing positive communication with other departments.
- Ability and willingness to take over other tasks assigned by the Leading/ Senior Client Advisor, Branch Manager, COO and/or Management Team.
- Anticipating, identifying and promptly addressing tasks and issues that arise in their area of responsibility that are not specified in the job description.
- Fulfilling and meeting given targets and goals.
- A minimum of a diploma, preferably a bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Information Systems.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills, orally and verbally.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft package i.e. Excel, Word
- Very good spoken and written English.
- Basic knowledge of Zambian financial sector and banking market.
- Good knowledge of all operations, products and services offered by the Bank.
Please write an application/ cover letter clearly stating why you would be best suited for the vacancy and also send an updated CV (state position being applied for in email subject) by 17:00 on the stated closing date to [email protected] Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.