Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) Continuum of Care Activity (CoC TA) in Zambia. The project’s goal is to improve the capacity of the public health system to sustainably deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition services (RMNCAH&N) across four provinces of Zambia. This activity is expected to provide high-impact, demand-driven technical assistance, coupled with targeted direct implementation, of reproductive maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services. This activity will work through a whole district approach across four provinces in Zambia (Muchinga, Luapula, Southern and Eastern) with the potential to increase geographic scope in future years.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party will provide leadership and management oversight to the administrative and managerial activities of the project and support overall project plans and objectives. The position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide overall planning, implementation and management of the project and establish the administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project
- Ensure that program components are results-oriented; ensure high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting
- Responsible for day-to-day work and staff supervision leading to the achievement of quality work products
- Plan and direct project schedules and monitors budget/spending. Organizes projects’ activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project including approvals of purchase requisitions, consultant agreements, vendor invoices, and client invoices
- Supervise all administrative, finance, IT, grant and project support staff
- Work closely and maintain positive relationship with USAID officials, partners, regional organizations and other implementing partners
- Provide guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals
- Responsible for orientation of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with program objectives, project’s policies and procedures, quality standards, and promote financial management standards, transparency, and accountability in compliance with donor rules and regulations
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- 10+ years of experience supporting and managing USAID contracts and programs
- Proven expertise in USAID Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) for financial, contractual, personnel, and programmatic activity management
- Advanced written and oral communications skills. Must be adept at writing and editing quarterly and annual reports for donor, internal, and external program stakeholders
- Strong relationship management skills. Must be able to manage relationships with donor, internal, and external program stakeholders and partners
- A record of successful performance in at least one contract technical area as follows: agriculture, nutrition; food security; markets and trade; and/or climate change and water
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets
- Demonstrated team building and team management leading to high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner
- Excellent writing skills required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Verbal and written fluency in English
Submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] Be sure to include the job title in the email’s subject line.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Zambia_Jobs@abtassoc.com