Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Health Systems Strengthening Director for the upcoming USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) Continuum of Care Activity (CoC TA) in Zambia. The project’s goal is to improve the capacity of the public health system to sustainably deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition services (RMNCAH&N) across four provinces of Zambia. This activity is expected to provide high-impact, demand-driven technical assistance, coupled with targeted direct implementation, of reproductive maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services. This activity will work through a whole district approach across four provinces in Zambia (Muchinga, Luapula, Southern and Eastern) with the potential to increase geographic scope in future years.
The HSS Director will lead the design and execution of the technical implementation of the project in collaboration with the Chief of Party (COP). He/she will design and guide interventions, work with the COP to build key technical partnerships, oversee and conduct technical training, and represent the project in technical forums and to USAID. The position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement annual work plans and provide technical oversight for all HSS activities under the project
- Lead development of the overall HSS strategy and design with the other senior level technical staff
- Oversee implementation of HSS activities, ensuring they are in line with workplan, best practices, and are achieving their intended results
- Monitor implementation of HSS strategies and activities and adjust them as needed
- Prepare HSS sections of technical reports, workplans, and quarterly reports
- Together with the COP, serve as a senior manager to ensure activities are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and activities meet program targets
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Policy and Governance, or a medical degree
- At least 10 years of experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating complex health programs with an emphasis on health systems strengthening
- Previous USAID project experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated technical depth in health systems strengthening in Zambia or similar country settings
- Experience working with Zambia Ministry of Health and other relevant ministries strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other projects, local organizations, host country governments and international agencies
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required
Submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] Be sure to include the job title in the email’s subject line.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Zambia_Jobs@abtassoc.com