Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Social Behavior Change Communications (SBCC) Specialist for the upcoming USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) Continuum of Care Activity (CoC TA) in Zambia. The project’s goal is to improve the capacity of the public health system to sustainably deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition services (RMNCAH&N) across four provinces of Zambia. This activity is expected to provide high-impact, demand-driven technical assistance, coupled with targeted direct implementation, of reproductive maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services. This activity will work through a whole district approach across four provinces in Zambia (Muchinga, Luapula, Southern and Eastern) with the potential to increase geographic scope in future years.
The SBCC Specialist will lead the development and implementation of behavioral strategy developments and social change approaches for the project. The SBCC Specialist will manage project social communications, increase public knowledge about RMNCAHN, and mobilize communities. Position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead SBCC strategy development, resulting in one or more SBCC strategies that guide the behavior change approaches for the life of the project
- Ensure an evidence-based process for all SBCC activities by working with M&E team to oversee relevant formative research, concept and materials testing, routine monitoring, and evaluation, especially related to for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition
- Employ a variety of communication channels (including social, digital, and mass media, interpersonal and community-based) to change behaviors, shift social norms and attitudes about RMNCAHN services, reduce provider bias, and increase stakeholder support for RMNCAHN
- Manage vendors providing services for campaign development, media placement, campaign launch, etc., and ensure high caliber results and products
- Act as SBCC liaison for key counterparts and stakeholders, such as MOH and NGOs and CBOs that play a critical role in RMNCAH&N programming, service delivery, and promotion
- Provide oversight and management of the SBCC team, including quality assurance, direct supervision of SBCC staff, and guidance to other technical teams within the program
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Communications, or a relevant Social Science field
- At least 6 years of experience in SBCC work in health, a significant proportion of which is related to RMNCAH&N
- Demonstrated expertise in managing large community participation projects
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision
- Proven facilitation and training/teaching skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Verbal and written fluency in English
Submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] Be sure to include the job title in the email’s subject line.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Zambia_Jobs@abtassoc.com