Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Technical Director for the upcoming USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) Continuum of Care Activity (CoC TA) in Zambia. The project’s goal is to improve the capacity of the public health system to sustainably deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition services (RMNCAH&N) across four provinces of Zambia. This activity is expected to provide high-impact, demand-driven technical assistance, coupled with targeted direct implementation, of reproductive maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services. This activity will work through a whole district approach across four provinces in Zambia (Muchinga, Luapula, Southern and Eastern) with the potential to increase geographic scope in future years.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Technical Director will provide leadership and management oversight to the technical activities of the project. This position will oversee technical staff, ensure quality assurance for project activities ensuring adherence to best practices on health systems strengthening, and ensure the adaptation and integration of emerging knowledge and innovative solutions within project activities. The position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads an integrated, multi-sectoral team for the project and provides analytical leadership and technical direction for major aspects of the program
- Provides technical leadership for the project ensuring full alignment with national and international standards for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition
- Leads the development of technical activities for yearly workplans
- Oversees the implementation of technical activities according to workplan
- Oversees the development of technical deliverables, ensuring they meet all client requirements and are of high quality
- Utilizes adaptive management approaches to respond to assessments, reports, and implementation findings throughout the course of the award
- Guide the learning agenda for the project, uses lessons learned to modify project approaches and strategies, and disseminate findings
- Collaborates with the COP to ensure home and field office staff produce timely, high-quality, evidence-based products that meet/exceed USAID requirements
- Assists the COP in supervising and mentoring project staff
Ensures that lessons learned and best practices are documented and shared. Works with monitoring and learning component of project to incorporate lessons learned to enhance project results
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s Degree or higher in health or other relevant fields; medical degree preferred
- At least 8 years of senior-level experience designing, implementing, and managing or evaluating RMNCAH and nutrition programmes
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the RMNCHAH and nutrition sectors, including international work experience
- Demonstrated management experience and familiarity with the RMNCAHN environment in Zambia preferred
- Demonstrated success managing complex multi-donor programs is desired, previous USAID project experience strongly preferred, previous SIDA and/or DfID experience is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Verbal and written fluency in English
Submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] Be sure to include the job title in the email’s subject line.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Zambia_Jobs@abtassoc.com