Website Abt Associates PMI VectorLink Project
The USAID-funded Presidents’ Malaria Initiative (PMI) VectorLink Project supports vector control activities including the implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) in up to 24 countries, including Zambia. The purpose of the VectorLink project is to support PMI in planning and implementing IRS programs and other proven life-saving malaria vector control interventions with the goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa.
Under the supervision of the M&E Manager, the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)/Data Consultant will oversee the implementation of a mobile data collection tool, monitor programmatic IRS delivery, assist with logistics and coordination for partner meetings, and act as the main point of contact between Abt Associates and its sub-contractor, Akros, in Eastern Province.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Work with Abt’s subcontractor, Akros, on the implementation of a mobile data tool (mSpray) in three districts of Eastern Province (Chadiza, Katete, Sinda). Specific duties will include:
- Attend all mSpray-related trainings provided by Akros and present Abt’s work to participants.
- Ensure that all mobile devices (tablets) in Eastern Province are correctly configured with the mSpray tool and any additional required software.
- Lead nightly meetings in Eastern Province with Team Leaders and IRS Supervisors to cross check that all data captured on paper forms has been entered using the mSpray tool. If data is missing from the mSpray tool, assist Supervisors and Team Leaders Assistants to make sure all data is on the tablet.
- Troubleshoot IT problems in Eastern Province.
- Engage in weekly check-in calls with Akros and maintain regular communication with the Akros field officers.
- Provide weekly updates on progress to the VectorLink Zambia and Home Office Teams.
- Continuously assess and review spray coverage outcomes using both Akros and DCV data and liaise with Akros field supervisors towards attaining project performance target.
- Work with Abt’s partner, Population Services International (PSI), on a social and behavioral change communication project examining the reason for IRS refusals among a select group of households. Duties may include logistics support for a 1 week training in one selected province.
- Closely collaborate with the project IT Specialist, Environmental Compliance Officer, M&E and Database Managers, and the technology partner, Dimagi, to ensure that all CommCare and ODK forms in Eastern Province are working properly.
- The position requires frequent travel to field sites for routine monitoring, program supervision, and support.
Deliverables include the following:
- Weekly report on field data collection (successes and challenges), data uploads from all field teams, and availability of timely and verified mSpray reports on the dashboards
- Meeting notes from weekly meetings with Akros and written weekly updates sent to the home-office and Zambia-based project team to update on progress and any challenges.
- A final report at the end of the spray campaign detailing successes, challenges, lessons learned, and recommendations for the 2019 spray campaign.
- Bachelors Degree, with 5-6 years of experience (or a Masters Degree with 2-3 years of experience) in a relevant social science field, such as Public Health/Environmental health, Community Health, or Statistics
- Professional experience should relate to one or more of the following areas:
- program monitoring and evaluation
- mobile data collection or information technology
- data analytics and visualization
- Experience with mobile data collection software
- Experience and familiarity with USAID projects.
- English language fluency.
Expected Duration of Consultancy:
- 180 days of work from the date of signing the contract.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and reference “M&E Consultant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
This posting will close on 16 August 2018.