Access Accounting Services
A newly registered Accountancy Firm in Lusaka is seeking to recruit self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative persons to fill the following positions:
1. Accountant / Business Development Manager
- CA Zambia or Diploma in accountancy or equivalent. Other Accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, CIA OR CISA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an Accounting or Auditing Firm is required.
- Member of ZICA
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports from trial balance
- Handle all tax related issues for clients
- Prepare payroll for staff.
- Submit returns such as ZRA, NAPSA, etc
- Banking cash from customers
- Updating customer account
- Client engagement and sourcing
- Process loan repayments on the Loans Management Software
- Approve loans recommended by the Loans Officer
- Any other duties assigned
- Excellent knowledge of Zambia Accounting Standards and International Accounting Standards
- Excellent knowledge of the Zambian Tax Environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent self-organisation skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Pro-active thinking
2. Loans Officer
- Diploma in accountancy or Banking and Finance or equivalent. Other Accounting qualifications / part qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA is an added advantage
- IT Qualification an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 years work experience in a Micro-Finance Institution.
- Member of a professional organization such as ZICA, Zambia Institute of Bankers and Financial Services a must
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to the Accountant for approval.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Capture customer details in the Loan Management Software
- Process loans in the Loans Management Software
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers’ needs.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Create Marketeer Groups and follow-up on repayments
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Install a Payroll System on client computer systems and provide support
Please clearly indicate the job title in the subject of your email and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application. Applications should consist of your CV ONLY. The closing date for accepting applications is 15th January 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly submit your CV to: [email protected]