Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc
We currently have a career opportunity for ACCOUNTANT – CAPITAL (x1). Reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst, you will provide financial accounting support for all capital and operational projects to ensure appropriate application of financial resources in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
What you will be expected to do to reach success and optimal performance:
- Prepare budgets for capital and operational projects and regulate the expenses within budgetary framework.
- Conduct financial evaluation of project proposals to determine their soundness.
- Approve all requisitions on project expense as budget controller.
- Capitalize all project labour hours and assist project managers to capitalize their projects at completion stage.
- Maintain a fixed asset register and ensure that all commissioned and decommissioned assets are captured and reflected.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of the fixed asset register with the general ledger.
- Initiate depreciation of capital equipment to reflect the current value as per the standard accounting procedure.
- Prepare financial models to aid planning and decision making and provide advice based on analyses for trends, patterns and critical issues.
- Prepare reports to project managers for monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Maintain a low-value asset register and ensure that all commissioned, transferred and decommissioned assets are captured and reflected.
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with CEC’s health, safety and environmental standards, corporate values, standards and a professional workplace.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Intermediate qualified in Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Minimum 4 years’ post-qualification experience in a large commercial firm.
- Excellent command of English with good report writing abilities.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and requirements.
- An analytical mind with problem solving aptitude and a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to understand the sources of risk and evaluating the risks and methods of their control and mitigation.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills especially in Microsoft Excel.
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application (e.g., MuyanganaMulenga_Accountant–Capital). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is Wednesday, 20 March 2019.
Applicants are requested to provide day time contact telephone numbers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com