Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Cost Accountant.
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Preparation and presentation of cost reports on a monthly basis for site management.
- Analysing data from cost reports to assure management that costs are being effectively monitored and remedial action is being taken to correct unfavourable variances.
- Management of the Capital Expenditure process from AFE completion through to finalisations of the capital project, ensuring AFE expenditure is in line with budget in terms of overall spend and timing, and that LMC capital expenditure polices are complied with
- Supporting the development, implementation and continual audit of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company requirements for Accounting Records and standards, Taxation and Asset protection and internal financial controls
- Assist the Senior Management Accountant to analyse costs and to assure management that costs are being effectively monitored and remedial action is being taken to correct unfavourable variances.
- Ensuring that the organisation’s accounting policies, procedures and standards are implemented effectively and, in a manner, consistent with the development of a cost-conscious culture in the workforce.
- Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the Management Operating System (MOS) to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 School certificate
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce or Part/Full ACCA, CIMA, ZiCA or Equivalent.
- A member of ZiCA.
- Minimum of 4 years in accounting and finance
- Proficient in ERP and Microsoft office suite application, previous experience in SAP is an added advantage
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and show a commitment to understand local culture.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.