Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc
About the role
We currently have a career opportunity for ACCOUNTANT – NON-CORE ASSETS (x1). Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will co-ordinate all accounting activities of Power Dynamos Sports Limited (PDSL) and other Non-Core Assets (NCAs) in accordance with prescribed accounting standards, policies and procedures.
What you will be expected to do to reach success and optimal performance:
- Upload all Power Dynamos Sports Limited (PDSL) data for processing into the accounting system to secure the completeness and accuracy of generated reports.
- Prepare accurate and timely periodic financial reports to support management decision-making.
- Promptly settle all PDSL obligations and liabilities accurately, timely and in a well-reconciliated manner.
- Collate all data, analyses and commentaries with regard to budget forecasts, cost and operational performance, profit and continuous improvement initiatives for PDSL and NCAs.
- Prepare accurate and timely tax and statutory returns/reports to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and avoid penalties.
- Perform regular bank reconciliations on PDSL undertakings to effectively monitor operations of business for management information.
- Support insurance activities by liaising with internal and external service providers to effect timely and efficient payments of all premiums, claims and related issues.
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with CEC’s health, safety and environmental standards, corporate values, standards and a professional workplace.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Intermediate qualified in Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Minimum 4 years’ post-qualification experience in a large commercial firm.
- Sound commercial acumen and thorough knowledge and hands-on experience of accounting systems, processes and financial reporting.
- Excellent command of English with good report writing abilities.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and requirements.
- An analytical mind with problem solving aptitude and a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand the sources of risk and evaluating the risks and methods of their control and mitigation.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills especially in Microsoft Excel.
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, kindly email your application to [email protected] Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application (e.g., BoozekaMwansa_Accountant–Non-Core Assets). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date is Wednesday, 20 March 2019.
Applicants are requested to provide day time contact telephone numbers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.