Company: Zambia Information and Communication Technology Authority
Reference #: ACC001
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
ZICTA is looking for an Account Revenue to provide financial, clerical and administrative support to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts by licenses.
Job Functions: Accounting
- Acts as chief adviser to the Manager, Treasury & Revenue on all matters pertaining to the revenue, finance and accounting in the Authority.
- Participates and plays a critical role in the preparation of annual revenue budget in collaboration with other departments for consolidation into an overall revenue and expenditure budget
- Coordinates with the income generating units for purposes of ensuring correct recording of income realized through receipting and timely invoicing
- Posts invoice batches raised to the general ledger on a daily basis
- Checks receipts made and allocates these receipts to invoices before posting to the general ledger
- Maintains a reconciled Debtors Sub-ledger with the main receivable general ledger accounts at all times for timely production of client account statements.
- Maintains the client database in liaison with the income generating units
- Maintains and regularly updates the list of fees and fee structure for pricing in the accounting system as maybe guided by the income generating units and/or the law
- Records the revenue collected as per ZICTA finance procedures.
- Undertakes spot checks to ensure that: revenue collected has been banked intact; accountable documents have not been misplaced; and revenue entries have been posted correctly.
- Ensures that the Authority has adequate revenue base and effective collection systems.
- Ensures that all revenue printed receipt and other accountable documents are properly stored. Also ensures that all such documents are used sequentially and follows up on any missing documents.
- Ensures that there is sufficient stock of printed invoice paper, receipts and other necessary documents available at all times for easy operation of the Authority.
- Ensures that all queries and complaints are thoroughly investigated and responded to immediately and that all defaulters on payments are brought to the attention of the supervisor for action to be taken for recovery of debts (debt collection).
- Undertakes such other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post to ensure effective delivery and development of the Authority
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting / Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) / Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- 5 years’ experience
- Technically strong and analytical
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office tools
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Understanding of accounting processes within the Authority
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through teamwork
Job Closing Date: 27/11/2020