Title: Accounts Assistant
Company: Laurence Paul Investment Services
Laurence Paul is a privately held business established as a full service investment management, investment banking, principal investments and securities trading firm. Our firm is focused on providing unbiased advisory and investment services to entities and individuals involved in investing in and developing Africa’s productive infrastructure.
At Laurence Paul, we leverage the unique strengths of our people to provide our individual and institutional clients with a full range of financial services and product expertise across our business areas. We have an in-depth working knowledge of the business and regulatory environment and we work with financial institutions, major corporations, domestic and international investors, regulators and governments to encourage private sector led development initiatives.
Laurence Paul is well positioned to satisfy the growing need for a locally based asset management and securities trading firm that is capable of serving the demands of local and international investor clients.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will be a part of the Accounts department. You will assist accounting officials and senior management in recording, reporting and managing company’s finances. You will also be required to provide administrative support and suggest ways for improving the overall accounting process of the company to Senior Accountants.
- To be a part of the Accounts team responsible for maintaining a well-organized and accurate Accounting function
- To manage day to day operations of the accounts department
- To manage accounts payable (bill payments, salaries, petty cash etc.) and receivable through cash / cheque / voucher in a timely manner
- To establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- To maintain and reconcile cash / financial accounts
- To maintain spreadsheets for monitoring and analyzing accounting data and prepare financial reports
- To prepare table of accounts, assign entries to proper accounts to ensure proper accounting methods, principles and policies are being followed
- To enforce credit control
- To complete and coordinate annual audits and provide recommendations for improving procedures and systems for initiating corrective actions
- To allocate cash to different departments / divisions and ensure that the direct staff complies with it
- 2-4 years required
- ZICA Technician, ACCA knowledge
- Excellent organization and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the accounting principles, practices, standards and laws.
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office and accounting software & databases
- Proficiency in analyzing and manipulating huge volymes of data
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers/clients
- Organizational skills to effectively process all paperwork/applications
- Proficiency in English
8:00 -17:00 hrs.
Monday to Friday
Only shortlisted applications will be contacted.
Email Application to [email protected]
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.